Tag Archives: playtest

Design Update

Recently, I have been spending most of my time putting together a prototype for The Botswana Bushmen Boardgame. I put together two playtests over the past week, testing player numbers and gameplay. The first playtest occured on wednesday, January 28, 2009 at 4-5pm, and was played by three people total, including myself. We had a period of a little less than an hour to play, and were only able to play through the game once. I was able to change the board and rules as we went, fixing various areas which broke the game. I also found that the game is easily broken with only three players, and hoped to have 5-7 players for the next playtest. My second playtest occured on Sunday, February 1, 2009 at 10-11pm, and was played with 5 people including myself. Both playtests, I played as a Bushmen character, allowing a tester to play as the government.